Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tippin' the Scales Tuesday... Week 2

Week 2 272.2!!

Starting weight- 280.66
Total weight loss to date- 8.46

I'm feeling pretty good about that. 8.46 lbs in a week? Of course the first week it's expected to see loss like that (well, if you're good). I've upped my water intake drastically, and I've remembered what it's like to pee every 5 seconds. I'm expecting my body to adjust here pretty soon. I've also had some epiphanies this week, I figure it's only fair to share, well, and if I don't write them down I'll probably forget them- so it's to remind myself in a couple of weeks when I get frustrated with myself.

Epiphany #1. Water is your friend. It is always your friend.
Epiphany #2. I like to exercise productively. Do an exercise video? Not so much, shovel snow (which gets something done and gets me bonus points with the Chubby Hubby) yes. I have enjoyed (and worked harder in) classes with other people. I need to find a spin class or yoga class to join without joining a gym.
Epiphany #3. Chewing (sugar free) gum can fulfill a sweet craving
Epiphany #4. I did have desert this week. Having one dessert won't kill me or make me fatter- it's the making a pan of brownies and then picking at them for 3 days in a row that will do that. I'd rather spend the money and go out and have one 'portion' (although we know portions at restaurants are ridiculous) and be done with it then 'save money' by making something at home.
Epiphany #5. I can do this. I really can. I bypassed treats at several functions this week. Saying, 'no thanks, I'm on a diet' really works. People aren't blind, they can see that I'm obese. (I don't like that word- but it's the honest truth). They can see that I need it. I need to see it too.

The plan for next week- Still modified South Beach diet. Still work on exercising, call around to find out about a class of some sort.

5 comments:

Rick said...

You've gotten Epiphanies all over yourself. Congratulations on your progress.

Tara R. said...

Congrats! I always work harder when I'm around other people too. My friends and I will cheer each other on to work harder. Hope the great results keep coming!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I know what you mean about productive work - that's my favourite way to exercise as well. I like to blare the tunes and dance while I clean. So much fun.

And your body should get used to the water intake after a week or so. Warning though, if you cut out the water and then add it again? You have to go through the peeing every five minutes phase again. So not fair!

Congrats!

Sandra said...

You go girl. I think that you have a great approach and realistic expectations. You can do this!