Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Why I'm Tired of Being Fat

So I recently got back from a vacation. Usually at home I wear yoga pants most of they day. I don't usually go places, and when I do I'll change into some jeans (size 22, starting to be too small) wear them while I'm out and then when I come home I'll change into yoga pants again. On this trip I wore jeans much more then I usually do and it was uncomfortable. Every time we went back to our room I'd have to either undo or take off my pants. Maybe I'd eat less if I wore jeans more often?

I also was incredibly uncomfortable on more then one occasion. The plane ride out there to start with, I was just too big. I fit in the seat, just barely, could put the seat belt on, just barely, and luckily it was a short flight. I don't know when I'll be flying again (since I don't do it often) but by next time I need to be more comfortable.

There were several things that looked like they might be fun on my trip, but they had weight limits, or activity level limits. Like last summer when we went to an amusement park and I was too heavy to go on one of the rides. On the way home from our trip we rode on a different plane. It was smaller, and I had gained some weight from the food on our vacation. The seatbelt didn't fit. I was just too fat. I was too embarrassed to ask for a seat belt extender (especially surrounded by co-workers) so I laid my jacket across my lap to cover up that my seat belt wasn't fastened.

I don't want to be too fat to participate in life's activities. I'm too young to be watching from the sidelines!

No comments: